The ever-popular Sunday Streets is back for 2011. What is Sunday Streets? It's basically a San Francisco city-sponsored event where certain walking/biking routes are blocked off to moto vehicle traffic. Hordes of people come out to these events and they turn into a mobile ped-powered street party!
We're definitely going to go to as many as we can since, naturally, they're free!
- March 20: kick off event along the Embarcadero from Fisherman’s Wharf to Mission Bay;
- April 10: Great Highway and Golden Gate Park; ‘Penguins to Penguins’:
- May 8: Mission route, including the popular route along 24th and Valencia Streets;
- June 12: Bayview route, 3rd Street from Mission Bay, Dogpatch to the Bayview Opera House;
- July 10: Great Highway route #2;
- August 14: Civic Center/Tenderloin route;
- September 11: Western Addition route, including North of Panhandle, Alamo Square and Fillmore and Japantown neighborhoods;
- October TBD; Mission route #2
See you out in the middle of the road!